Looking to join our team? See our current openings below!
- Load-In and Strike Crew
- Master Electrician
- Spot Light Operators
Position Type: Full-Time, Flexible 25+ hours/week
Reports To: General ManagerResponsibilities: The Community Outreach and Public Relations Coordinator will represent and promote Musical Theatre West in the community through public relations and active participation in community organizations, seek and develop community partnerships, expand media coverage with a focus on raising public awareness of MTW programs and expanding MTW’s audience.
• Conducting analyses of the public relations strategies after implementation.
• Developing and fostering relationships and partnerships with community members, nonprofit organizations, businesses, service groups and local municipal groups and personnel.
• Planning community relations programs in partnership with staff and board committees.
• Serving as primary contact and MTW resource for community, service and civic organizations and events, including providing speakers, entertainment and promotional items for meetings and events.
• Organizing community outreach programs and coordinating special events that will promote
• Creating and distributing media releases regarding all aspect of the company’s operations and ensuring that media outlets and social media sites distribute this information accurately and efficiently.
• Developing a Community Outreach and Public Relations Schedule and providing regular reports to the General Manager regarding the schedule including accomplishments and recommendations of revisions.
• Collaborating with the Executive Director and MTW Board of Directors to develop corporate sponsorship packages, promoting sponsorships to local businesses, and building and maintaining relationships with key people in those organizations.
• Conceptualizing, pitching and coordinating feature stories and interviews with cast, directors and designers, staff or board members.
• Coordinating with all media reviewers; including the preparation and distribution of press kits.
• Maintaining a press archive for each show and/or event, including all media clippings, available for distribution as necessary.
• A willingness to embrace and further MTW’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
• Experience working with the public and representing organizations, nonprofit or for profit
• Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact, kindness, and professionalism
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
• Strong project management and time management skills including the ability to work on several projects at the same time with similar deadlines
• Close attention to detail
• The ability to maintain diplomacy, discretion and/or confidentiality when handling sensitive information
• Able to model positive communications and behavior with staff and board members from diverse backgrounds
• Comfort with creating, maintaining and navigating databases
• Knowledge of musical theatre
Special Environmental Factors
Fast paced, open office environment, frequent interruptions, background noise.
Hourly – $24 / HourPlease send a cover a letter and resumes to: JOBS@Musical.org, Attn: Douglas Senecal, General Manager